AIM Motorsport MXP Dash Logger 6"
The AIM MXP Dash Logger features a 6" wide colour TFT display with great visual impact, configurable to show all the data coming from the vehicles Engine Control Unit (ECU), 9 axis inertial platform (accelerometer, gyro and magnetometer), 8 analogue inputs, 6 digital inputs, pre-defined math channels, a second CAN and an included GPS Module. The 6" MXP offers 50% more display area than the 5" MXS dash logger, in a similar dimension package making this dash suitable for both cars and motorcycles.
- GPS08 module (included with dash): The GPS08 Module connected via CAN to the MXP makes lap time calculation and track position analysis very easy. Each MXP memory stores more than 200 world tracks start/finish line coordinates: as soon as MXP is switched on, the GPS08 Module will locate its position, identify track-line coordinates and start immediately sampling lap and split time. If the track is not included in the database, it is always possible to add the start/finish line coordinates to the MXP via a PC before going to the track, using the new RaceStudio3 Track Manager software.
- High Contrast TFT Display: The MXP dash logger has a high contrast 6" TFT display: its visual quality being always optimised as its ambient light sensor keeps the backlight at the best brightness levels, avoiding the screen from dazzling you when it gets dark, whilst keeping it bright and visible during the day.
- Monitor data in freely-configurable pages: MXP shows, together with RPM scale, all the data you need, like speed, water temperature and oil pressure and much much more... you can choose the custom pages you wish - including up to four additional fields - from a wide library of page styles, defining which data is to be shown, their end of scale and measure units. Swapping between the pages is easy using the push buttons, or if the dash is out of reach using the optional remote button interface.
- Flexible shift lights and alarms: The 10 multi-coloured RGB shift lights can be customised to your liking, defining the RPM threshold for each single gear. The same flexibility applies to the configurable RGB alarm LEDs: you can configure them in order to turn them on/off depending on analogue or digital inputs, ECU values, expansion values, math channels or - optionally - GPS information. You choose conditions and colours: select a solid alarm or flashing one - and the flashing frequency. It is also possible to configure an accompanying text message on the display, and set the alarm priorities.
- CAN output: With the CAN Output you can send messages directly to an existing CAN network in order to improve the range of vehicle control possibilities.
- Digital output: MXP features two digital outputs. These LOW SIDE type (switch to ground): can be configured in order to be activated/deactivated depending on the value of the analogue/digital inputs. This allows you to automatically run external systems, i.e. to switch on/off additional lights or to activate/de-activate a cooling fan or circulation pumps etc when a certain event happens.
- Camera inputs: Two analog camera inputs are available, to switch your display into a mirror camera, through pushbutton command or event management. Extremely useful in cars such as a Lotus Exige where the rear visibility is poor.
Connecting the MXP dash logger to your car/motorcycle ECU (standard or racing) is very simple. Sample and display dozens of channels straight from the ECU. This is often the quickest and easiest setup, needing only 2 cable connections to the ECU instead of multiple connections to analogue sensors. The sampled data depends on the actual ECU but typically includes RPM, throttle position (TPS), oil / air / water temperature, oil pressure, battery voltage, speed, gear, lambda value (air / fuel ratio). The list of available ECU drivers (1,000+) is constantly being updated and added to.
A modular system: Using the built-in CAN bus you can add optional expansion modules to visualise additional info:
Channel Expansion - Add 4 additional 0-5 volt analogue channels.
TC Hub - Add 4 additional K-type thermocouple temperature sensors.
LCU-One Lambda Controller - Wide band lambda controller, with Bosch LSU 4.9 probe, providing air/fuel data, lambda value and exhaust gas temperature. The extremely precise measurement is very useful for engine tuning/set-up, allowing the user to perfectly tune the carburetion.
SmartyCam HD / SmartyCam GP HD - Compact and robust HD camera / HD bullet-cam - both designed for motorsports.